Sunday 11 September 2011

14 days till university...

Well... so much to write, but not now.

Just a thought. I think I concentrate much better when I'm sitting in a chair in front of a table. Much better than putting this netbook on my lap and typing. Productivity seems to increase as well. Is this just a weird factor or what?

Anyway, I didn't make it to the Muslim Writers Awards. Khayr! My friend Zakariyya King has been shortlisted for two categories, so I'm very happy for him, masha'Allaah.

In two weeks, I return to university. I don't have accommodation though, so I'll be bunking up with a friend from Hackney! I know, quite a trek to where I actually study, but the extra travelling time will be spent on reading insha'Allaah.

On Monday, I begin my work experience at my old local secondary school. Nothing big, just observing the KS3 English classes. It'll help with the PGCE application, and GTTR's Apply page opens up in October. So yeah, exciting stuff.

I've also been to a meeting in town about an upcoming theatrical play project for next year, something to do with this town's people and how they've grown/developed as a community from the past half-century. It's based on the research of a Uni of Sussex geography lecturer. He's been interviewing people in this city with their life-stories, and a scriptwriter is basically adapting a script from the content explored. There's also a stage director, and youth will get to design the script and stage with their own design.

Because I'll be in my last year of my undergraduate studies, I think my role will be minimal, but I'm going to enjoy writing short sidestory scripts and making characters set in this town. I don't think we've seen anything like this in terms of community projects, so it'll be good.

In other news, I helped my mum make samosas. She made a grand total of 118 of them - and I did the humble job of filling the pastries with keema + mixed veggies. Woo.

I should really update this blog more, huh? The lack of motivation is really why it's scarely updated. But I'd like to thank Zaufishan (look her up) for linking this blog on her Facebook page (and the Muslimness one too). There's people checking my work out (or I hope they are) from Indonesia and Jordan! May Allaah bless her for this favour.

Saqib, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment